Sunday, June 30, 2013

Zary All Day and All Night (June 2nd)

This morning the choir sang at the cathedral/church. After eating an early breakfast and walking over to the church from our hotel, we arrived at the church for mass. We stood and sat in the balcony, which allowed us to wear regular clothes instead of our choir robes. The mass was pretty sweet actually. I did not understand much from it because the mass was in Polish. After church I walked back to my hotel to change into different clothes. Gabrielle and Maddie tagged along and we hung out most of the day.

The choir was scheduled to have lunch at a preordained place, but like any other thing so far on tour it had not been worked our properly. Half the choir was seated and ready to be served when the rest of us were turned away. They could not accommodate 72 people. I don't blame them. The staff said that they were not expecting us. In my opinion, something like this should not happen. What ended up happening was that a group of us were led to a pizza shop. It was so much better in my opinion. I had a pizza named "The Soprano." It had bacon, kielbasa sausage and sunflower seeds. It sounds really weird but it tasted so good. After a nice lunch, Gabrielle, Maddie, Andrea and myself walked around town. We just started walking in one direction. After walking for a decent amount of time, we started heading back. 

Tesco has a special place in my heart. Tesco's were all over the UK and it was awesome to see one in Poland. Only people who know Tesco appreciate cheap food, Tesco cookies, and Capella juice. 


Another view of the altar and prayer chapel at the back

This is the prayer chapel that the Von Promnitz family donated way back in the day
The concert this night went well in my opinion. Nothing out of the ordinary and the audience was quite receptive. One thing that is interesting about audiences in Poland is that when they clap they clap to a consistent rhythm.  All clapping is done in union. Sometimes they keep clapping and we are unsure if we should sing another time or if they are waiting for us to leave the stage. This was never clear to us. For example in Erfurt they kept clapping and we sang a song that we sang earlier in the concert again. I think we would all like to think that they really liked us and so they kept clapping. I think they were just being polite. But in either case I don't view it as a bad thing. Following the concert the boys went back to the Bro-Tel and we had a chill night just hanging in the rooms.



No comments:

Post a Comment