Sunday, June 30, 2013

Relaxation, Relaxation, and Rough Concert (June 4th)

This morning we had free. Some people received a message. Other's went into town. Other's just slept in and had a chill morning. I chose to go into town on my own and look for a white pocket square for the upcoming ball. I found a store right away and purchased a pocket square for 4 zloty. That is super cheap. I returned to the hotel for lunch. I showed some people my purchase and they told me the pocket square was pink. It was a very light pink. So immediately following lunch I went back into town with Ben and we found a white pocket square. I made sure that it was white. There were no questions this time.

We then loaded the bus for the cathedral where our concert was going to be held later that night. We had rehearsal in the space. Right away I noticed that this was going to be a difficult place to sing in. The reverberation was intense and our voices sounded really heavy. It would be a hard place to sing in tune. Sure enough it proved to do just that during the concert. This concert was probably our toughest. We struggled staying in the keys. What we found out much later was that our pitch pipe was broken and thus causing the choir to start songs off flat. These were songs that we had never had an issue keeping in tune, yet we were struggling with them. Needless to say, it was a difficult concert. We all knew that.



Jeff and I go way back. We started in choir together and have been tour roommates every year. He is like a brother to me.
Hilary had a birthday and so we tried to find someplace to eat. The only place where we found food was a small kebab stand. I must say that the kebab that I had this night was the best that I had ever had. It was really good. When we got back we hung out along the beach and I went on a night walk with Dan, Bre, and Tyler in the woods. It was pretty sweet. We could only see as far as the flashlight app on Tyler's phone went. And there were statues that appeared out of the darkness. Tyler, Dan, Bre, and myself had a nice conversation looking out across the water and I excused myself to go to bed. It was definitely not a bad way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment