Sunday, June 30, 2013

Going Back To School (June 3rd)

Sadly, today we departed Zary. But before leaving we visited a school. When we arrived we were told that only 36 people could go into the school. The school was also not expecting us and they did not have a large enough space available for us to sing. I was not in the original group. So while sitting on the bus for a few minutes, JV came back on and said everyone get into the school. We were split into groups of 6 and we went with individual teachers.

I was in a group with Bre, Tyler, Ian, Paul H, and Sarah V. The class that we joined was an english language class. So the students were able to communicate with us. I was suprised with their knowledge of english. They spoke it well although at times they did not understand the words we used. Apparently  it is customary for students to learn German and English. I know that English is a hard language to learn, but all of the Polish students agreed that German was harder to learn. Of the small class, 3 students in particular were quite talkative. They asked us many questions and we asked them what life was like. Someone in our group asked them about what they like about Poland. The students could not come up with anything. They idolize America and they all want to go to America. They asked us why we came to Zary. We told them about the Count. They were surprised that we are not going to Warsaw or Krakow. Zary is a small town so they were surprised that we would go there. I was happy that I ended up going into the school. It was a better experience than I thought.

When the bell rang, the students went to their next class. We were unsure if we were supposed to leave. We roamed the halls for a few minutes, and the teacher invited us into her next class since we were not told when to leave. So we introduced ourselves to the next class when someone came to the door and said we were supposed to return to our bus. So we left. My group was one of the last groups to get onto the bus.

The Hotel
After a somewhat longer bus ride than anticipated, we arrived in Wagrowiec. In Wagrowiec the choir was staying at a resort. Everyone was impressed with our accommodations. Everything was super plush and super nice to say the least. It had everything that one might expect a resort to have. Before dinner in the hotel I walked around the town with Gabrielle, Maddie, and Ben O. Nothing was open. Every store closes super early. After dinner I just grabbed my journal and I sat outside on the patio and watched the sun set. I was just enjoying the simple pleasures in life.





Lake and Slide

Callie Looking Pretty On the Water

Jesse and Callie Looking Awesome

Courtney

Patio where I watched the sun set












Resort lit up at night



Tomorrow the choir was given some free time before prepping for our concert. I plan to simply enjoy relaxing. I made no plans to do anything in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment