Sunday, June 30, 2013

"We're Going On An Adventure" (May 31st)

For the day we were given a choice of activities. One was to leave H20 earlier in the morning and go to a ropes course. The second option was to stay at H20 and leave for the ropes course for lunch. I spoke with Courtney, Brocker, and Corbin O, and we all wanted to go to the ropes course. However we did not want to do the ropes course, but rather explore the area of the ropes course. It was a good choice I might add.  The views from the mountain were spectacular.

Not only did they have a ropes course, but they also had a mini motorcycle course. I don't know if I would be comfortable riding a bike so close to the edge

Courtney and Me 
I climbed the mountain behind the ropes course with Courtney and Corbin O. Others had joined us part of the way up but did not see it through to the top. The farther we got the fewer people there were. At this point I would like to add that the top was even more beautiful than where other people jumped off to go to the ropes course.

Friends struggling up the mountain (left to right: Ashley, Dan, Krissi, Krin)
Some of the group wanted to take a jumping picture. This is the result. One of them turned out but the rest I think are just funny. 

All on the ground
Tallest to shortest


There we go!

Come on Ashley
















Once we got up to the top of the mountain we took some epic pictures

Corbin O (aka. Gandalf the Black)



Courtney (Half-Pint) and Myself

Corbin and I
Sticking to the Lord of the Rings theme, our group had lunch at a place called the Hobbit Hole. Outside they had a lot of meat smokers. I was getting excited for what we were going to have for lunch. As it turned out we had this really good mushroom soup. I don't even like mushrooms but this stuff was good. There were no chunks of mushroom in it, it was smooth and very earthy tasting. I can't really describe it.



Of course I had to take more pictures with friends. I have been on many choir tours and many trips. When I take pictures, I like to take pictures of landscapes or of things. I don't really like when people are in my pictures if I can help it. So I was a lot more intentional with taking pictures with people on this trip.

Myself with Ben and Krissi

My good friend Bre and I. Bre is going to be a well known vocalist! We have had many music and the hardest english class ever...Literary Theory.
 This is a little side story. After finishing our final to Literary Theory this fall, the two of us went and saw the Hobbit movie. It is very fitting that we take a picture at a place called the Hobbit Hole.

Gabrielle and I

Left to Right: Gabrielle, Myself, & Maddie

This was my table at the Hobbit Hole (left to right: Courtney, Maddie, Gabrielle, and Ashley)

Emily and Myself (with photo bombers Shatera and Ellie)

After we left lunch we made our way back to the same place as our concert the night before.  Our concert today however is only a few hundred feet from the church that we sang at the other night.  However our concert tonight was to take place in the palace of Pszczyna. Today the palace is a museum and the room our concert was to take place was stunning. It was decorated in a ornate method with huge mirrors and extravagant chandeliers and moulding and gilding.





After rehearsal for the concert we were shown around the main level of the palace. We then went to the same restaurant as the other night and had as you can probably guess...pork and potatoes. We also at some really rich cheese cake. It was dryer than what I am familiar with from home. It was still delicious however.

The concert itself was very good. It was a full house. In my opinion everyone was singing really well. Towards the end of the concert I was not feeling very well. Something was not agreeing with me from dinner. I felt fine until the halfway point in the concert. By the time we sang In Christ Alone I had to leave. Tynelle looked up at me and asked me if I was ok. I said no and simply walked off. I was also very hot. In past concerts we have had people collapse on stage. I was taught that if you feel faint, either sit down or excuse yourself from the stage. I did just that. However that was the first time I had ever left a concert. I have always seen a concert all the way through. So that was a first for me. And it turned out to be a good decision. I could have struggled to the end but its a good thing I didn't. After I left there were only going to be 2-3 other songs. At the end DP added 2-3 songs that we had cut earlier. So I would have had to struggle through 5-6 songs.

Following the concert we drove back to H2O and for the record we did not get lost. I hung out with my roommates and some other people that night and I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment